Friday, November 26, 2010

I've always preferred the Friday after Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving Day. It's a time for me to be privately thankful versus gang thankful. Forced thankfulness always feels too much like work. I plan things on post-Thanksgiving day, more so than I plan things on January 1. Hopefully, this blog will be much more than a best-laid plan and I can manage the follow-up necessary to maintain it. If I take the attitude that I do it for all the furry guys and gals (I really try to avoid the word animal or pet when I can), especially those that find me from time to time, I think I'll fare better than if I try to do it for myself. And if you're one of those people who have a problem with giving creatures traits normally reserved for humans, you should stop reading now. Don't get me wrong - I don't try to humanize my creature friends. I have much too much regard and respect for them to burden them with human dysfunctions. But I will represent them in terms of thinking, feeling, and soulful creatures. From my earliest memories, I've sought their companionship, care, and comfort. And I've tried my very best to return to them what they've given to me. I think they have a leg up on that, however. Four legs up. But instead of beginning at the beginning, I'll just share what comes to mind. When I sit here again, I'll tell you about my "trunk kittens."

No comments:

Post a Comment